PushSpring Advertising Choices: How to Opt Out
PushSpring develops and utilizes technology that allows for collection of non-personally identifiable information associated to end user devices via anonymous, resettable device advertising IDs on devices that support advertising IDs, to create aggregated interest and behavior-based targeting segments, to drive targeted advertising campaigns, and to perform analytics services for our customers.
What is an Advertising ID?
Advertising IDs are anonymous, resettable, suppressible identifiers that allow for personalized advertising on devices. Advertising IDs were developed to give users better controls and provide developers with a simple, standard system to continue to monetize their apps. It enables users to reset their identifier or opt out of personalized ads (formerly known as interest-based ads).
How you can opt out
Mobile device users who do not want to receive interest based advertising from PushSpring may opt-out in several ways:
- By using the AppChoices program, which requires first to download the AppChoices app from http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- Through the PushSpring Preferences opt-out app on both iOS and Android
- If you know your device Advertising ID, you can enter it here:
You have opted out.
Please note that (a) there will be a lag for an advertising ID to be removed from previously distributed targeting segments that are already active at the time when the opt-out is exercised and (b) opting-out will not block general advertisements that are sent at random, and not tied to the perceived interest of the user of a particular device.
To stop all tracking immediately (i.e. from PushSpring or any other entity) mobile device users can turn on “Limit Ad Tracking” in their device settings on iOS devices or turn off “Ads Personalization” on Android devices.
- Apple device users can find instructions at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
- Android device users can find instructions at: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922